Search This Blog

Monday, February 1, 2010

Politics!

Domingo, el 31 de enero.

Ok, so I found out my host dad’s b-day is actually the 11 of February, and not the second…and they don’t really do anything for birthdays…not sure if I should do anything or not.

I talked with my host parents today about politics (great, I’m horrible at talking politics in English). It was really interesting actually. They don’t like Republicans since they think they are all about money and oil (and they are…pretty much correct). They also argued strongly and intensely with me aobut how social healthcare is better in every way possible. They said that the quality of doctors doesn’t decline, and also proved every other doubt I had about it wrong, I’m still not sure where I stand on the whole issue, but it was really interesting to hear how much they love social healthcare, considering they know what it is like. They really really do not like the system we have now. Guaranteed they don’t really know everything about it, but they do seem to have a good take on it, and can form a rebuttle to whatever point I may make. They hate Bush. Bahahaa, as does everyone. They also said the US needs to focus on our own people, instead of worrying about everyone else—we do have enough problems at home to keep us busy for centuries I think. Also, we talked about schooling, and the costs of school. I wish I could go to school in Spain…it’s soooooo much cheaper! More people my host dad knew about: Davey Croquet, George Washington, John Adams, Sitting Bull (my favorite, bahahaaa), and also West Point Military Academy. I wonder where he gains all this information…

Sorry that is such a random collection of thoughts/conversations, but it’s actually really hard to describe my conversations with them, they really are just random tangent conversations, although the healthcare debates we have (frequently) usually follow a pattern.

PS Malaga was amazing. I still need to write about Madrid. And then Malaga after that. Sorry I’m behind….it’s been a busy week…2 weeks? I don’t know how long it’s been since I’ve written!

No comments:

Post a Comment