Search This Blog

Monday, February 15, 2010

A meal to write home about! :)

So I think since Thursday was my host-dad’s birthday we had a huge lunch today. It started off with these shells in a yellow soup. The shells don’t really have any meat in them…and it tastes a bit fishy, so they are not really my favorite. The way of eating this shell soup was interesting as well. You had to scoop up the liquid with the shells themselves and slurp it out of them…needless to say, it turned out to be a very messy meal. Then we ate shrimp/langostina – the ones with the head, legs, tail still attached. I’m pretty sure you are supposed to suck something out of their head when you rip it off, but I just pretended like I didn’t know that. The shrimp were actually really really good. Then we had fried chicken breast, which I think she uses an egg covering over the chicken before she dips it in bread crumbs (or just flour?) and fries it. Delicious. Then my dad brought out the fruit, like usual, but also brought this cake-type thing. It was a roll of cake filled with thick whipped cream, covered in an orange sauce and chocolate sprinkles. It was amazing, I could have eaten the whole thing! I thought then we were done, because that is a lot more than we usually have. But then Jose brought out lemon sorbet and a bottle of champagne, which we mixed in a glass and drank. Raul kept telling me the cake was going to make me fat because I don’t run or play sports here, and that I was going to get too drunk to do my homework right now off of my ¼ glass of champagne, bahaha.

Later today, Emily, Brooke, and I are going out to celebrate Valentine’s Day together :)

Upon my return from this dinner I was given a glass of sparkling apple cider. Once again Raul informed me that I was going to get drunk off of this because it contained alcohol. Oh boy.

Btw, they watch the movie “Ghost Busters” here. Only it’s called “CazaFantasmos” which literally means ghost-hunting.

No comments:

Post a Comment